Book charkha is a handcrafted spinning wheel made in teak wood. This is the authentic Gandhi Charkha Spinning Wheel. It includes 3 spindles, a cotton drive band and a skeiner. Everything folds up nicely into a case resembling a hardback book. It’s uniquely compact size and the fact it is hand-made in India makes it a special wheel. It has a history that helped force change during the British rule in India. Ideal for spinning short staple fibers such as cotton or fine wool into yarn. Excellent for spinning colored cotton which usually have short fibers. Works great with fibers like angora, silk, cashmere, or any fine fiber.
Book Charkha Features:
- Handcrafted in India.
- Made with Teak wood with a french varnish finish.
- Spinning ratio of 100:1
- Weighs only 2 lbs or 900 grams
- Includes three spindles, a cotton drive band and skeiner.
- Ideal for spinning short staple fibers such as cotton or fine wool
- Folds up nicely into a book like case of 10″ X 6.5″ X 2″
- Because of its small size, you can easily carry it wherever you go!