Box Charkha Spinning Wheel
Box Charkha spinning wheel is hand-crafted in India in teak wood. This wheel includes 3 spindles, a cotton drive band and a skeiner. Everything folds up into a nice wooden box. It’s a great conversation piece and a unique, must-have spinning wheel for all spinning enthusiasts. The charkha has a history and became a symbol of self-sufficiency in India that helped force change in India during the rule of the British empire in times of Mahatma Gandhi. Ideal for spinning short staple fibers such as cotton or fine wool into yarn. Excellent for spinning colored cotton that have short fibers. Also good for angora, cashmere, silk or any fine fiber.
Box Charkha Features:
- Hand-crafted in India.
- Made from Teak wood polished with French varnish.
- Spinning ratio of 100:1
- Sturdy, compact and weighs 5.5 lbs or 2.5 kg
- Includes three spindles, cotton drive band and a skeiner.
- Ideal for spinning short staple fibers such as cotton or fine wool
- Everything folds up nicely into a wooden box of 16″ X 9″ X 3.5″
- Includes an Accessories Box to keep spindles and strings!