Travel Charkha Spinning Wheel
Travel Charkha Spinning wheel is hand-crafted in teak wood; this really is the authentic Charkha Spinning Wheel designed by Gandhi. It includes 3 spindles, a cotton drive band and skeiner. Everything folds up nice into a wooden case to enable easy carrying. This Charkha spinning wheel is compact and slightly heavier than Book Charkha. The Charkha has a history that helped force change in India during the rule of the British empire. Ideal for spinning short staple fibers such as cotton or fine wool into yarn. Excellent for spinning colored cottons too which are short fibered. Also good for silk, angora, cashmere or any fine fiber.
- Handcrafted in India.
- Made from Teak wood with a French varnish finish.
- Spinning ratio of 100:1
- Weighs only 3 lb or 1.36 kg
- Includes three spindles, cotton drive band and a skeiner.
- Ideal for spinning short staple fibers such as cotton or fine wool
- Folds up into a compact size box of 13″ X 7.5″ 2.5″
- Light Weight weighing only 3 lbs to travel with!